- Release: 1996
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- Genre: Fantasy/Adventure RPG
- Platform: MS-DOS
PRECAUTION: Daggerfall's map is randomly generated, so not all playthroughs will be the same.
In Daggerfall, the player is not required to fulfill any questlines, unless they want to progress further. The main story takes place in the city of Daggerfall, in the Breton land of High Rock. The player is ent by the Emperor, who wants you to do two things; find the ghost of King Lysandus, their most recently deceased king, and free him from his earthly shackles. Second, the player must find out what happened to a letter sent from the Emperor to a Blades spy in Daggerfall's court. The letter sheds light that Lysandus' mother Nulfaga knows the location of the Mantella, the key to Numidium, a powerful iron golem. The Emperor wants his spy to force Nulfaga into revealing the location of the Mantella, so that the Blades can finish construction of the Numidium, and use it to re-unite Tamriel. Somehow, the Mantella falls into the hands of an Orc named Gortworg, who, having no idea what the Mantella is, consults Mannimarco, leader of the Necromancers. The Underking, who originally destroyed the first Numidium, is, all the while, recovering deep inside of a tomb, after nearly killing himself destroying the original. In order to give the mantella to anyone, the player must kill Lysandus' murderer. And then after all of this, the player has to steal the Totem of Tiber Septim from King Gothryd. There are five different endings to this game. *SPOILERS AHEAD*
1. If the player gives the Mantella to the Underking, he absorbs it, and passes into eternal rest.
2. If Gortworg is victorious, he uses the Numidum to destroy the Imperial forces, and the Bay Kings. The Underking arrives after, and destroys the Numidium once and for all, killing himself in the process. Gortworg then creates Orsinium, kingdom of the orcs.
3.If the Blades are victorious, they use the Numidium to destroy the Bay Kings, the Orcs, and unite all the provinces of Tamriel under the Empire once again.
4. If one of the Bay Kings win, they use the Numidium to kill all the other kings, just before the Underking shows up, destroys it, and kills himself in the process.
5. If Mannimarco gets the Mantella, he'll use it's power to make himself a god.
Available On:The Elder Scrolls.com for download.